How is the title “I bet you will read this twice”? Don’t worry this post is not going to be like the movie “inception” which I watched twice and still I am confused about it. It is the possibility that you will like this post so much that you will read it twice. Though, this is a rare chance but you never know. Let us end the curiosity and tell you why I am prating on the title. It’s the bizarre world of business and I am selling you my post and I thought such glossy title will make you read this post not twice but at least once. And my inspiration behind all this is our very own television and its commercials which were earlier meant for loo breaks but know they are so frequent that unless you are suffering from diarrhea you got to watch them. So this post of mine is going to be about the creative world of advertisements.
Let me tell you a incident. I was watching tv and the ‘Lays’ commercial was being telecasted. My little curious cousin was also watching it and he immediately said “bhaiyaa, lays are so tasty but why are they saying that ‘no one can eat just one’ , I can eat big pack of it by myself”. I I would like to tell lays people to remove this ambiguous tagline. My cousin can help you.
Then there is our very own super model for ‘MDH masale’. He is the founder of MDH and we know him as the model (super model) of MDH advertisements. He is there in every advertisement of MDH. Seeing him assure us one thing ‘MDH masale’ gives us longevity. Long live “The founder , The Model, Asli masale sach sach MDH, MDH” .
Then there are some really creative advertisements. Happydent white commercial is one of them. Chew this and you save your electricity coz your teeth are now lights. Use it In on diwali, use it in power failures.
There are some brands which don’t need any endorsements like the “DESH KA NAMAK” TATA salt.
Its ubiquitous. No matter where you are its like “ bhaiyaa tata namak denaa”. It is truly “DESH KA NAMAK”. Then there is “G MAANE GENIUS” parle-G which has become a synonym for glucose biscuits.
There are categories of commercials which targets the singer in you. No matter how bad you sing but you will surely hum them. The old is gold in this category is the nirma commercial “HEMA, REKHA, JAYA AUR SUSHMA SABKI PASAND NIRMAAAAA ,NIRMA” and the latest show stealer is airtel’s “HAR EK FRIEND ZAROORI HOTA HAI” .
My favourite genre of commercials is the funny commercials. Fevicol’s “pakde rehnaa, chodna nhi” is a cult in this category. And the glycodin’s “khaansi ki chhutti” commercial in which the kid is named as “oohoo oohoo”. These advertisements are a product of witty minds.
There are commercials that makes you feel special, makes you feel good, that inspires you, the one which makes you think. The latest is HERO’s “HUM HAI HERO” campaign which surely is a beautiful concept. Coca cola’s “reasons to believe” surely brings smile on your face.
Commercials are around 30%- 40% of the show timing and they are ruling our homes. It’s a really amazing world of advertisements which are sometimes very cheesy and sometimes they are so good that you forget about the show you were watching.
mast observation ... :)
ReplyDeletejust got d idea how much tv u watch :P
hehe... :P
Deletelays simply says dat u cant stop urslf wd one.. If you can eat 10 chips then put the bag away, I salute you.. so kindly xplain ur czn d reason begind " noone can eat just one "...
ReplyDeletealso you forgot to add one of the best ad-"har ek friend zaroori hota hai"
ReplyDeletei guess u havent read it well... it is there.....
Deletejust below the Nirma one....
ReplyDeleteoops.. sorry... i missed it...
ReplyDelete